Friday, June 5, 2009

Thanks and Sorry, Dad

One thing people who know me are surprised about is that my dad's full-time occupation is selling on ebay. I am a very driven, professional woman and I place a lot of value on my career. My dad, on the other hand, is a hippy who never grew up. Since he sells on ebay for a living, he spends most weekends at garage and estate sales. When we found out we were pregnant, I asked him to start watching for the Medela Pump in Style double breast pump. This Consumer Reports-recommended gem goes for a whopping $280 at Target.

He called today that he got one at a garage sale that was very gently used and included a case for a measly $45. That's about 85% off. He tested it by plugging it into an outlet at the garage sale. It made a whooshing noise, so we assume that means it works. I suppose it would hurt like hell to test it out on myself between now and the baby's arrival. I just need to coax one of my breastfeeding friends to be my guinea pig.

I'm sure my dad felt awkward buying a breast pump for his daughter, but like I said, he's a grown up hippy so he'll get over it. Happy weekend everyone! We have nothing planned, which might sound boring, but is a dream come true for me. I can finally make it to the farmer's market, clean my house and take my dog for a few walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment