Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yoga, Playdates, and Rolling Over

James and I went to Mommy and Baby yoga this morning. It's pretty much like regular yoga, except that since all the other participants are moms, it's completely acceptable and expected that you'll have to pause to nurse, change a diaper, or calm a fussy baby. The instructor was super nice and held fussy babies so that their moms could continue with the poses.

After yoga, we went to visit Kelly from our birthing class and her daughter. The funniest thing is that I was sort of nervous to admit that I got an epidural since going "natural" was the whole goal of our birthing class. At the same time, she was nervous to admit to me that she is formula feeding due to low supply. I, of course, have absolutely no judgements on that. If there's one thing I've learned as a new mommy, it's that we all have to do what's best for ourselves and our babies and that's different for different people.

The last big news item is that James rolled over today!! While I was eating lunch, I put him on his activity mat for some tummy time. He slowly worked his way onto his side and then flipped onto his back. Thinking it was just a fluke, I put him on his tummy again and he rolled over again! By the end of the day, he had rolled over six times. Apparently, it's pretty early for him to be rolling over, which makes me nervous that we may have a very active little boy on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment