Friday, August 14, 2009

Why Do I Do These Things?

Aside from some pretty terrible lower back pain in the first trimester, I haven't had too many aches and pains this pregnancy, until the last few days. If I'm not lying down, my upper back is aching and twisting itself into knots.

I think I could blame pregnancy, but it's more likely that I just overdid it. Brett was gone from Monday afternoon to last night. Since I've spent the bulk of my pregnancy being pretty lazy, Brett's been doing the majority of the house stuff and has been cooking all his own meals. He's a meat lover and the mere sight of raw meats has made me gag. I decided to spend the week being a wife extraordinaire, which meant that I...
  • Cleaned every window in the house
  • Polished all furniture, bookcases, etc.
  • Laundered everything I could get my hands on, including a very filthy bathroom mat
  • Took everything out of the fridge and cleaned the interior
  • Cleaned the oven
  • Scrubbed the inside of the microwave
  • Cleaned every bathroom in the house
  • Washed the kitchen countertops and sink
  • Vacuumed the floors
  • Mopped the hardwoods and tile
  • Mowed the yard
  • Watered the plants
  • Picked out curtain fabric for the nursery
  • Baked a peach cobbler
  • Marinated peppers and onions
The result is that my house is gleaming and I have fridge full of food to share, which is perfect because my mom's coming to visit. It also means that Brett was able to come home and not have a to-do list in front of him. I'm sure my back will feel better in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment