Sunday, August 30, 2009

25 Weeks and the ER



Here I am at 25 weeks.  That bely is starting to feel quite big, but I suppose that's how it's supposed to go.  We had another spotting incident this weekend and ended up in the ER.  We were out of town for a wedding, so we had to go to a hospital we've never been to before.  Fortunately, they took great care of me.  Monitored baby, who was doing just fine.  I wasn't having any contractions, which was good too.  They did a speculum exam and determined that the bleeding was coming from a cyst below my cervix, which is great news because it's probably something that was there pre-pregnancy, it's just getting aggravated by the extra blood flow that comes with being pregnant.

I'm supposed to see my own MW this week to see whether we need to do anything about it.  In the meantime, I'm relieved to know that this and the other minor spotting incidents were all related to something pretty harmless.  I was worried it was placenta previa or something else more threatening.

No comments:

Post a Comment