Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Silly Placenta

So I had an appointment yesterday afternoon with my MW to follow-up after the ER visit. She said that the best kind of bleeding during pregnancy is anything that comes from outside the uterus and cervix. She also said that it was likely from a cyst or polyp that's been around for awhile, but is bleeding due to the increased bloodflow that comes with pregnancy. She recommended that we just leave things as they are and don't mess with it until after Cashew's birth. This does mean that I may have more bleeding, but I shouldn't worry unless it is different in volume or color than it has been in the past.

Just to be on the safe side, she had me do a dildo cam ultrasound, which showed that my placenta is well clear of my cervix. At the 20-week ultrasound, it was low, but not low enough to be placenta previa. At 25 weeks, that's all cleared up and the placenta is right where it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment