Sunday, December 6, 2009

Being in "Labor" is Hard

If there's anything I really hate, it's not knowing what's going on and that's exactly the situation I'm in right now. I'm not really in active labor, but I'm having occasional contractions that are painful enough that they stop me in my tracks.

I went into the MW's office on Friday morning and she stripped my membranes. I have to admit that it was pretty uncomfortable, but it only took a couple minutes, so I could handle it pretty easily. Ever since then, I've been having bloody show. Starting Friday night, I was having consistent contractions that were about 5 minutes apart, but they were so mild that I could easily ignore them, so I did.

Starting Saturday afternoon, I began having pretty intense contractions, but they have yet to get on a close, consistent timetable, so I've spent most of the past 24 hours breathing through them and attempting to time them. They are bad enough that I had a hard time sleeping and didn't make it to sleep until 5 am this morning. I only got a few hours of sleep and even that was interrupted pretty often by contractions. I'm not sure what the best course of action is -- do I just go into the hospital in hopes that they can monitor my contractions and maybe give me some tips for speeding things up? Do I continue to mill around at home? It's so hard to know what to do. We said we'd labor at home until my contractions were about 5 minutes apart pretty consistently, but they aren't to that point yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment