Saturday, December 26, 2009

Very Merry Christmas



Our holiday was so great! On Christmas Eve, we had my uncle and family over for drinks and appetizers, then I had my heart set on watching Love Actually since it's one of my favorite holiday movies. We don't own the movie and the weather was too bad to make a trip to Blockbuster, so I was hoping to find a way to pay-per-view it through our cable company. Brett told me to open one of my Christmas presents early and it was a copy of Love Actually. I'm always amazed at how he can anticipate exactly what I'll want.

We were hit by a blizzard beginning on Christmas Eve, which I thought would prevent my dad and brother from coming to town, especially since both of them get nervous about driving in bad weather. When I woke up Christmas day and called both of them around 10 am, I was shocked to find out that they were both on their way to town. My mom was already staying with us, so the whole family was together on Christmas. My parents divorced about three years ago and this was the first Christmas they were comfortable spending as a family. It was really nice for us all to be together. We opened gifts, napped, played games, and enjoyed a full holiday meal that my mom prepared.

James did great throughout the day and even slept well last night. He slept one really long stretch of 4.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment