Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Oddities of Pregnancy

There were many things I knew were going to happen once I got pregnant...the gas, bloating, morning sickness, weight gain, etc. were no surprise at all. What did sort of shock my was Sunday afternoon when I was changing clothes and my husband said, "What's with that line?" I looked where he was pointing on my belly and, sure enough, I have the beginnings of a linea negra. It's really faint right now, but I can see clearly where it will be as it darkens.

There's an old wives' tale that a line that stops at your belly button means you're having a girl and one that extends above the belly button means you're having a boy. Mine definitely stops at the belly button, so we've got about 5 months of waiting to see if that old wives' tale is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment