Saturday, July 11, 2009

Way to Go, Honey

We decided long ago not to share our baby name ideas with any of our family and friends. A couple of weeks ago we finally settled on a boy and a girl name. We've occasionally referred to the baby by one of these names, but mostly keep calling it Cashew. Until last night, that is. My mom is in town and we were in the car on our way to my cousin's baseball game, when Brett exclaims, "I bet (insert fabulous, but secret baby name here) is going to be pretty good at baseball."

We both freeze, stunned that he's let it slip. My mom (who was crazed to figure out the name anyway) says, "I know you wouldn't let the actual name slip, but that is a great name." I am not terribly surprised that we spilled the beans, but I am surprised that it was Brett rather than me. I'm a blabbermouth, so I really expected to be the one to slip up.

No comments:

Post a Comment