Friday, January 30, 2009

Like a Light Bulb

This is my first month charting and I did everything I could think of to educate myself beforehand. I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and I did the charting course on Fertility Friend. I read over and over again that cervical mucus changes consistency over the course of a menstrual cycle. Going from dry right after a period to sticky, then creamy, then watery, and finally egg whitish just before ovulation. Despite all my efforts to read up, I could not, for the life of me, recognize these changes in my own CM. That's because I ovulate late and have long cycles, so for the first 15 days of my cycle, when the "average" woman is experiencing this transition, my body was producing absolutely nothing.

In the last few days, I've finally experienced watery and creamy CM and it all makes so much sense now that I know what I'm looking for. It's like a light bulb went off and I realized that when FF said creamy CM was like lotion, they REALLY meant it. I also went to the My Beautiful Cervix website, which was gagworthy and yet helpful all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment