Friday, March 27, 2009

A Preview of the Evening

Tonight is book club night.  I so look forward to this monthly ritual.  Me and 8 of my closest friend gather monthly with a pretense of providing careful critique and postmodern analysis of the chosen book.  In reality, we meet, discuss the book for up to 30 minutes, and imbibe such vast quantities of wine that the conversation flows freely, too freely.  It always turns to sex stuff.  And I know a LOT about these girls. Who's had anal, who's into golden showers, whose husband didn't understand doggy style, and on and on.  Being married to my high school sweetheart and never having had sex with anyone else, I don't have much to contribute.

Instead, I wait until I'm a few glasses of wine into the evening and end up spouting off about when I ovulated and what type of CM I had that morning.  Gross, right?  Before we even started trying, Brett bet me that I couldn't wait until my second trimester to tell my mom that I'm pregnant.  We are close, she's a busy-body, and I'm a bad liar.  That trifecta makes it unlikely that I'll keep my mouth shut very long once I am KU.

I decided it would help me if I just kept the whole thing under wraps.  That was before February's book club, when I got drunk and spouted off.  Tonight is another book club.  Being in the 2ww, I'm going to try to have no more than 3-4 glasses of wine, but I gotta say that's pussy stuff for my book club.  I also have very little self-control when it comes to wine.  So, wish me luck.  I'm steeling my resolve, but will likely end up blogging tomorrow about how I pulled up my FF chart to show the entire book club.  

No comments:

Post a Comment