Monday, March 30, 2009

The Proud Owner Of...

Two very important things:

1.  Self-control.  That's right, ladies, I made it through book club without turning into a boundary-less freak who talks about nothing other than TTC.  How does one accomplish such a super-human feat?  I paced myself at one glass of wine per hour.  I must admit that this meant I spent 20 to 30 minutes of every hour eyeing the clock and waiting until the magical one-hour mark when I could pour myself another.  That part stunk, but ending the night with my dignity intact was glorious.

2.  A mom-mobile.  DH and I have been planning to buy a used SUV over the summer.  Yesterday's newspaper advertised humongous deals on brand new '08 Hyundai Vera Cruzes.  For about the same price we were planning to spend this summer on a used Toyota Highlander, we are getting a brand new Vera Cruz with a 5-yr/60,000 mile warranty.  It has a third row, which will be handy once we have kids.  The only downside is that it's clearly a mom car.  I called my dad to tell him about it and his immediate response was, "When are you due?"
Good things, good things.  In TTC news, there's not much to report.  I'm diligently choking down pineapple core smoothies and noticing every twinge.  I'm only 5 dpo though, so try as I might, there aren't even phantom symptoms to speak of.

No comments:

Post a Comment