Monday, March 9, 2009

Wine at 5:15 am?

This cycle has me all confused. To think I thought it would be easier once I had a cycle under my belt. So, here's my chart:


You'll notice a couple of things:

1. My BBT looks like a EKG print-out up until the point when I started having fertile CM. I didn't mind the erratic BBT because I was used to it and saw on my previous cycle that even with an erratic BBT, I had a clear thermal shift.

2. Once I started having fertile CM, my temp was so steady that I may as well have been using a broken thermometer. Trust me, this crossed my mind. I've been taking my temp at random times of the day to make sure that it can read out something besides 97.2. It can.

3. When I woke up Sunday, my temp was a whopping 98.06 and I breathed a huge sigh of relief that I had apparently ovulated and on the exact same day as last cycle. It's a little iff-y because I drank Saturday night.

4. Today was horrible. I woke up at 3:30 am because my dog was barking to be let out. I usually try to temp at 5:30 am, but since daylight savings I've been temping at 6:30 am. I know I should just keep temping at 5:30 am, but since daylight savings fell on the exact day I expected my thermal shift, I didn't want to have my temp off even by a little bit. I'll probably go back to temping at 5:30 am on the next cycle. Anyway, I was so sure that I'd let Champ out then fall back to sleep so I didn't temp before getting up at 3:30 am. I came back to bed and didn't fall back to sleep at all, not even a teeny tiny wink of sleep. To make matters worse, my neuroses got the best of me. I probably took my temp 5 to 10 times between 4:00 and 6:30 am, with my temp ranging from 96.5 to 97.6. I marked something on my chart, but it's not very reliable at all. I was so pissed I could hardly function this morning. I was asking Brett if he thought wine would be inappropriate before work. Apparently, that's frowned upon.

5. My CM is back to a non-fertile state, which is further evidence that I O'd. The only thing that has me in doubt is today's temp. Will someone please console me that I almost definitely did O and just need to wait for a few good temps to confirm?

6. If I did O, our timing looks pretty good. I've added green tea, B6, and pre-conceive into our routine. Also, I've been laying flat for at least 30 minutes after having sex. We switched to missionary position during fertile times. I'm going to try having pineapple core smoothies too.

So, here I am, busy at work, with very little sleep and a chart that leaves me feeling so unsure about what the hell is going on. I guess time will tell, but in the meantime, I'd love some words of wisdom/encouragement from you ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment