Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Confessions of a Diaphragm Abuser

I quit taking BCP in October even though we weren't quite ready to TTC. We've never used condoms since we are high school sweethearts. We tried them after BCP but were not fans. My MD gave me a prescription for a diaphragm.

First off, I had no idea that there are different vajayjay sizes. Mine is a rather petite 65 mm. Secondly, diaphragms are harder to find than grade A cocaine. I tried three local pharmacies, all of whom were on backorder for at least a month. Thanksgiving rolled around with no diaphragm. We were in Mexico for week-long vacation. We were responsible enough to bring condoms, but not responsible enough to use them. It didn't help that it was all inclusive, so sliding on a condom after practically having a strawberry daquiri IV was almost impossible.

When we got back from Mexico I took matters into my own hands and bought a diaphragm from an online UK pharmacy. We used it a whole three times before deciding that we were ready to TTC.

Now for the abuse. Brett left super early Monday morning. We had sex that morning. Afterwards I was thinking how much I hope those spermies stay in there and alive a long time in case I ovulate while hubs is out of town. I'm sure you see where this is going - I put the diaphragm in right afterwards. My thinking was that it could contain my fertile CM and his sperm. My chart doesn't show O yet, so it was probably all for naught. What do you guys think? Was this so stupid or a stroke of genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment