Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yeah and Boo

Well, this day has brought good news and bad news.  The good news is that I got a promotion.  My boss pulled me into his office and closed the door (a rare occurrence in our office's culture).  I was so nervous that he'd have bad news since our endowment was almost entirely invested in the stock market.  Instead, he said that he wants to promote me to handle the foundation's public policy and lobbying.  I'm so excited about the position and will get to take lots of ownership for directing the foundation's efforts.

The only downside is that I'll likely be responsible for lobbying the state legislature which meets from January to May every year.  This wouldn't be a problem except that I really don't want to be having a baby during those months, especially not in 2010 since it will be my first full legislative session.  The hubby and I are trying to take a wait and see approach to this problem.  If we get pregnant this cycle (please God) then I'd be due at the end of November, which wouldn't conflict with the session.  If not, I'll have to determine whether I'm willing to be pregnant during session.

There's also a chance that I will only be lobbying occasionally or will be lobbying local governments.  This would be another way out of my predicament.  I guess time will tell.  In the meantime, I'd love lots of baby dust for this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment