Monday, February 9, 2009

My Spirits Rise and Fall with My BBT

My temp today was down relative to some of my previous post-O temps this cycle. It sort of bums me out, but I also think the super high temps were a little artificial. I had drank the night before each of them. For two of them, I was at my mom's house and she keeps her home warmer than outs.

Nonetheless, I can't help but feel a little sad that my temp is down. It's still early in the 2ww. Between the lower temp and very blah weather, I'm in need of a perk me up. I've also learned that the first cycle charting is difficult, not just because you are learning to do something new, but also because I don't have anything to compare my current chart to. I wasn't sure if I'd ovulate, when I could expect to ovulate, or what my "normal" pre-O temp is. I also don't know how long my usual LP is, which makes it difficult to decide when testing makes sense.

I'm also going to confess that I took a hpt last night on 7 dpo without fmu. It was a bfn, which is exactly what I was expecting. I knew it was probably a waste of a test, but Brett and I had just bought about 6 hpts from dollar tree and we were both kind of joking about how I should take one. Then, for some reason, we decided I should. I think I'll wait a while before I take another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment