Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trying to Work the Energy Up...

For our first cycle TTC, I had no idea when to expect ovulation and was also really bad at decoding my cervical mucous.  As a result, we decided to have sex like rabbits.  We were aiming for every other day, but then every week or so I'd become convinced I was ovulating at that very second, so we'd do it every day.

I can't lie and say it was great because at least half the time it was clearly baby-making sex for both of us.  No candles or romantic music.  Just me rolling over first thing in the morning and saying, "Do you want to do it now or later?  You have to pick one."  My poor husband was such a trooper.

I had wet CM today, which is awfully early.  To be CD 8 and get wet CM seems a little nuts when I ovulated at CD 24 last cycle.  I'm sure it's just a false start, but we'll be having sex tonight just in case.  We haven't had sex since I ovulated, which is a little sad but standard for us.  I've been trying to justify it by telling myself that we are saving up our energy for this cycle.  That's partially true.  The other part of the story is that we've been married for four years now and have both been working extra long hours lately.  I think we'd both prefer to cuddle on the couch than pounce in the bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment