Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4 Weeks 0 Days, I think

I must confess that all this pregnancy dating stuff is completely confusing to me.  Considering that I didn't O until CD 42, dating my pregnancy based on my last menstrual period isn't very helpful.  According to that, I'm 8 weeks pregnant.  Uh, yeah, don't think so.  According to when I actually ovulated, I'm 4 weeks pregnant.  

I see the midwife next week and plan to bring my chart along.  I hope she sees that I'm clearly not 8 weeks along yet.  I've been trying to find a week-by-week pregnancy calendar to see what the baby, ahem embryo, looks like right now.  According to one site, it's a flesh colored tube and according to another, it has arm buds.  That's quite a difference to me.  Oh well, as long as it's in there growing, I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you're going to see a midwife. I hope I can find one here, when the time comes.

    Yeah, that dating seems really weird. I hope your midwife and u/s techs take into account that you ovulated way late and not get all freaked out because you're measuring a month behind.

    ReplyDelete