Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You are Getting Sleepy...

OK, maybe I'm just feeling it much, much more since it's the end of the day, but I am exhausted!! I had back-to-back-to-back meetings today, so I didn't get much of a break. I am walking my dog with a girlfriend tonight, so that should put some pep in my step.

My wine fake-out worked brilliantly last night. As I expected, she went for red and I went for white, so my secret was safe. The only thing I had to be careful of was drinking my grape juice too quick. I usually carefully sip wine but since it was yummy grape juice I drank it a little faster than normal. She probably just thinks I've developed fantastic tolerance.

Yesterday I scheduled my first prenatal visit. When we moved to town last June, someone recommended a gynecologist to me who went to my alma mater (Princeton). She told me upfront that she didn't do deliveries, but I wasn't trying to conceive yet and really just wanted someone to refill my BC prescription, so I went to her. Now that I actually need prenatal care, I need to find a provider.

I've been wanting to use a midwife and even had one in mind. I called yesterday (all giddy because I got to say out loud, to a stranger, 'I'm pregnant.') The front desk lady said that their midwives no longer deliver, which seems bizarre to me. What do they do if not deliveries? There's one other midwifery practice near us, so I called and scheduled an appointment there. They have three certified nurse midwives on site, are covered by my insurance and bill globally. I've learned that this "global billing" thing is a big deal. If an OB/GYN or midwife bills globally, it means that you only pay one co-pay for all of your prenatal care.

They had an available appointment on Thursday, but the hubs will still be out of town and he wants to be there. So, we are going in for the first appointment on Tuesday at 3 pm. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited. I have lots of questions to ask, so I'm really looking forward to the appointment.

In other news, my husband continues to be so stinking cute all the time. He's really excited about this (as am I, of course). He has already bought a book about pregnancy and sent me a 9-month budget to ensure we have a good, solid nest egg when baby arrives. He's in NYC all week for work. I emailed him that I want him to pick up an "I love NY" onesie. He replied that he'd already been looking around for a baby gift to bring back.

We've started referring to baby as "cashew." It's a bit of a family tradition. Brett's step-brother called his son "peanut" when it was in utero. We've picked our favorite nut, which is a cashew. Sorry for the long post and gold starts for you if you read this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment