Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not Wanting to Read Too Much Into Things, But...

I just woke up from my 2nd ever post-work nap.  The first one was in early March when I woke up at 3:30 am and the second was tonight.  I slept from 11 pm to 7:15 am this morning, so I shouldn't have been so tried.  It was an icky, gloomy, rainy day.  Plus, for work I had to do something out of the ordinary -- spend an hour with a rambunctious four-year-old.  I work for a health foundation and we never provide direct services, but we are working with a production company to film a video about social issues that impact health.  

We filmed a woman who got out of a violent marriage a few years ago.  It was a very sad situation, but this woman was doing everything possible to create a bright future for her children.  Her ex-husband never allowed her to work, so it's been difficult for her to find a job.  She's been walking 30 to 45 minutes to work each day.  As sad as the story was, I was so touched by how much she was willing to do for her children,

When the film crew was interviewing the mom, they asked me to keep an eye on the four-year-old because she kept trying to sneak into the shots.  Entertaining her for just one-hour made me so tired!!  I got home and slept for an hour.  I keep checking for tender breasts, but I worked out yesterday and we did lots of push-ups.  Sure enough, my boobs are sore today, but so is every other major muscle group that we worked.

That's all the real, not-so-real, and maybe real symptoms to report today.


No comments:

Post a Comment