Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How to Make a Baby Budget

Brett and I set aside this evening to plan out our budget for the next 9 months.  We are trying to be faithful to the Bump's interactive checklist, which tells us to use this week for budgeting.  So, how did the night go?

After going to the gym, we were both starving so we stopped at Arby's.  I was somehow still starving when we got home and had a plate of pasta next.  My stomach's been nauseous all day and a full stomach usually helps, but I couldn't seem to get full.  After eating my two dinners, we started discussing our budget.  Our goal is to have $2,000 to spend on baby hear, six months living expenses in savings, and our new car paid off.  It looks like we'll be able to meet these goals, but we'll be left with just $500 for our vacation this summer.

I am so ready for a week-long vacation with just the hubs, so this was devastating news to me.  I handled it very maturely, meaning that I hung my head, pouted out my lower lip and sobbed softly until Brett consoled me.  Once he wrapped his arms around me for a hug, the full-fledged four-year-old style crying set in.  I swear I was on the verge of a classic toddler temper tantrum.  I'm going to blame that one on the hormones.

I kept sobbing, "My stomach hurts, we can't take a vacation, and this is stressful."  I'm settled in on the couch for an 18 Kids and Counting episode, so I'm better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment