Monday, April 13, 2009

My Aching Back

Beginning almost at my BFP, I've had an achy lower back.  It was annoying but tolerable... until today.  I attribute the agony to two important things:  
  • I spent most of Saturday lifting shovels full of rocks.  I was careful not to lift any loads that were too heavy, but the repeated chore of lifting a moderate amount of weight made my back worse.
  • When my mom was in town, we went shopping (our favorite mother-daughter activity).  I was feeling bloated and none of the clothes were looking too hot on me, so I focused my energy on shoes.  I found  a super-hot, super on sale pair of black knee high boots.  They only had them in a 7 and I wear a 7 1/2, but I was able to wriggle my foot in.  Later that day, hubby tells me that his book says most women's feet increase a 1/2 size during pregnancy and stay that way forever.  Hmmm.  I decided that I will get as much use out of the new boots as I can and joyfully slid them on today for work.  9 hours and two three-inch heels later and I'm dying.  My back is absolutely killing me.  Lesson learned.
Tomorrow we are meeting the midwife.  I'm excited to meet her and get an official due date.  I am nervous that she isn't going to trust my chart and will instead insist that I'm 8 weeks along.  At the same time, I hope that the confusion means that we might get an early ultrasound.  Even just seeing a little blob in a big blob would be so cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment