Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My First Freakout

The MW called back today with bloodwork results. My HCG level is 12,069 and progesterone was at 13.5. She said the progesterone was at the low end of the normal range, so she wants me to come back tomorrow for another round of bloodwork. If it's going down, we'll consider progesterone supplements.

I have to admit that I flipped after her phone call. On the one hand, I was so happy that the HCG level was so flippin' high. It makes me think I'm either a week further along than I thought OR there's more than one in there. I'm hoping it's the former.

The progesterone thing scared the poo out of me. I googled it and saw that low progesterone is a miscarriage risk. I also saw that progesterone is lower in the afternoon and can decrease by as much as 50% after a meal. Considering my blood was drawn in the afternoon and a couple hours after a big Chinese lunch, I'm feeling a little better.

She also gave me the go-ahead to schedule our next appointment in two weeks. We'll get an ultrasound then.

No comments:

Post a Comment